Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oprahism

Today in the States, we'll be saying farewell to a living legend who's has not only graced our TV for 25 years, but who has changed our world - Oprah Winfrey. So in honor of her big farewell show, I  thought it would be nice to share a few of her words of wisdom that have really hit home throughout the years. -Maddy

Salma, Canda
Photobucket
"I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes."

Maddy, New Jersey/NYC
5.25.11
"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."

Caroline, England
25th may
"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you."

Wanda, Canada
25.5.2011
"Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness."

May, Germany
25.04
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."

Mira, Italy
Breakfast time
"You CAN have it all. You just can't have it all at once."

Becky, Philadelphia
5.25.11
"Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility."

Rikako, Japan
5/25  TODAY
"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."

Buckeroomama, Hong Kong
5.25
"Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself."

Katie, Indonesia
2011.05.25
"I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life."

Click here for more "Oprahisms" and other words of wisdom.

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post Maddy! LOVE it! Goodbye to Oprah. I can't believe she has been on for 25 years. I was 8 when she started : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be missed! I love her pay if forward attitude and education is power. She is a classy lady with a heart of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pearls from Oprah. She will leave a big hole in a lot of peoples lives. I didn't watch her everyday, but just knowing she won't be there at 1pm on weekdays makes me sad.

    Thanks for the ride Oprah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite - "Live your best life."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Maddy. Yes, Oprah is one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend that I went to school with works at RL restaurant in Chicago, and somehow got tickets to the Oprah finale!
    LUCKY DUCK!
    Have a great week,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete